Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Good Tuesday....

It's was actually a great Tuesday considering how bad Monday was.
I have one class that is extremely tough. There are a few kids who want all of the attention. And because they require more attention, they take away from time I can spend helping the other students...

Long story short...one was extremely bad when he came into class, and eventually led me to taking up his phone, iPod, and headphones. As I was about to take up the paper he was working on, he decided to inform me that he was starting a petition to get me fired. Well...as a teacher we know not to take what teenagers say personally...but that one was a little tough. Maybe students don't really like my class, but I've never had a student want me to lose my job. I emailed his dad and let our Dean of Students know.

This morning I went in and talked to my Dean...she said she could keep him in ISS (in school suspension) for two days instead of coming to my class. My class worked so well...I got to go around and help individuals...I felt like a real teacher with real classroom management. I loved it. Let's just say...today was GREAT!

I was so tired yesterday that I searches for an engineering video for my engineering classes to do today...oh yeah...we watched a video on the engineering of roller coasters.

Life. Is. Good.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the bad day :( Hope it works out with that student. So glad you're blogging again!!

    ReplyDelete