Sunday, September 11, 2011

Day 167...Grateful for my Grandparents...

First....I know...I'm WAY behind! I think about writing all the time...and then I don't. School is crazy, volleyball is in season (we are undefeated by the way), and college football has started! All are excuses...but I just haven't sat down to blog.

A friend pointed out tonight that my grandpa is probably logging on each day to check and see if I have written a new post. So....it seemed only fitting that on Grandparents Day I should post a "Grateful for my Grandparents" post today!

In honor of my Cole Grandparents...I love them and miss them. It's been a while...but I still have a picture of Papa and Grandma and the five of us gradkids hanging on my wall. I think it might have been the last time we were all together...or at least the last time we were all together and took a picture.



My Jacobs Grandparents are still living in the same house that they have lived in for as long as I have been alive. When I was a kid, we would walk down the street, across the little creek and right to their house. They lived just around the corner, but crossing the creek just seemed more exciting! We had many camping trips with them, we all  went to the beach for their 50th wedding anniversary, and we all went skiing with them. I might add...my grandpa taught almost the whole family how to ski. He is very patient!



It is very rare for anyone to know both sets of grandparents for as many years as I did...it's very rare for couples to make it to 50 years of marriage...and both sets of my grandparents made it that far...and beyond! Both families are leaving a legacy of faith, love, and service to their children, grandchildren, and now great-grandchildren.

Such a blessing! And Papa...since I know you will be reading...I love you!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, what a sweet post!!! We are so blessed to have known and been so close to both sets of grandparents. And yes, Papa Hank was very patient with all of us as we learned to ski!

    ReplyDelete