Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day 162...Grateful for the Inner Battle....

We read in the Bible about the battle between flesh and Spirit. Today I'm grateful for the battle. Lately, I have been so focused on getting things done, or enjoying time just sitting watching TV, or reading through Kindle books, or something like that. And unfortunately my time in the Word has diminished and become not-quite the same priority that it used to be. I hate it. I go to bed each night regretting that I didn't start my day in the Word and thinking that I'll start again tomorrow. Ugh....

I feel like Paul..."For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. Now if I do what I do not want, I agree with the law that it is good. So now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me." (Romans 7:15-20)

However, I'm grateful for that inner battle...with the struggle, I know that the Spirit in me in still struggling. As a pastor once said, "I only fear the day that the Lord removes His hand from me..." meaning...I want the Lord to continue to ask of me, no matter what it is and no matter how much I will screw it up, because I KNOW He hasn't given up on me!

I'm grateful for that battle today...

No comments:

Post a Comment