Saturday, May 21, 2011

Day 107...Grateful to Say No....

I had a long day on Wednesday. I finally was able to go through some emails about schedules and such for the summer and trainings for school. My summer is packed. I haven't said "No" to anything yet...I said yes to VBS at church...I said yes to working the Summer Conditioning Program...I said yes to going to Chicago...I said yes to a two week training in Tyler for a new class...I said yes. Don't get me wrong...I'm so THANKFUL for my job! However...it's overwhelming right now.

I had to take a co-worker to the airport and then get up to the church by 6:00 for a VBS meeting. Well, I was over 45 minutes late to the meeting, walked all over the childrens' area to figure out where to go....and then to find out I still needed to go get a badge. I was so tired from the weeks leading up to Wednesday that I just left and cried the whole way home.

Looking at my calendar that night, I knew I had to say no to some things.
I had to say "No" to VBS (I would have only been able to be there for three days anyway).
Although I hate saying no and letting some people down, and putting a friend in a little bind...I felt one huge weight lifted off my shoulders. So great! So today (well, Wednesday) I'm grateful to say "No"!

1 comment:

  1. I am the same way....I hate saying no!!! I've had to a lot lately but I also feel a huge weight lifted.

    ReplyDelete