Sunday, May 8, 2011

Day 96...Grateful for a Full Day...

Not so sure I'm grateful that it was a full day...but it was a fun day. Here is how my Saturday went...

Our FCA for the Plano schools had a 5K run to raise money to send kids to FCA camp this summer. I  had a few FCA kids running so I made an appearance to show them my support.

They even had Bevo (the UTexas mascot) in attendance!




I had enough time to get some breakfast, shower, and get to a baby shower for a girl I coach against. She is a great coach, teacher, fellow FCA leader, and loves the Lord. 


I ran home to wrap the next gifts...and then drove to my friend Laurie's wedding shower. It was a kitchen shower...but we also all received a recipe card to add a favorite recipe for Laurie to put in her recipe box. Then as we left, our little party favors were little chocolate candies with a prayer card attached. Each was for a different day leading up to the wedding and something specific to pray for Todd and Laurie. I picked up the candies dated with Sunday's date. Praying for you (and so happy for you) Todd and Laurie!

I had to leave Laurie's shower a little early in order to get to the next shower in time to deliver the gift. So...off to Cassie's baby shower. We are soon to Baby Benson any day now!

I had about an hour before the next item on the agenda. Our schools' drill team, The Vikettes, had their Spring Show on Saturday night. Although I was super tired and just wanted to relax, I am SO GLAD I went...the girls did an awesome job...they had a guys' dance in which I had multiple of the guy students in class as well...and then our drum-line performed, in which our FCA had a great representation! It was such a great show!

Grateful for this full day to be over!

No comments:

Post a Comment