Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 66...Gateful for "coincidences"...

This morning, before I got to school, I had looked at Facebook on my phone. One of my friends had posted one of my favorite verses as her status.

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Proverbs 16:9

I italicized favorite because, although the verse is great and always a perfect reminder...it's usually a reminder to me that I'm trying to do things on my own...or...I am making plans that aren't necessarily what the Lord wants me to do...or...I am making plans and then upset when the don't work, without ever really looking to the Lord for direction. So...I love the verse...but there is always a lesson behind it.

Today was no different. I haven't been keeping up on my reading for Perspectives, and I'd gotten a few days behind on my daily Bible reading. At school we were testing all morning, and my assignment was to sit at a corner of two hallways to "monitor" students walking to and from. Uh huh...that was my plan.

When I walked in the building, one of the teachers on hall duty told me that I had just been paged over the intercom and I needed to go to the counselors' office. So, I walked in, and was told I was getting to give the test all morning. That meant no reading. Hmmm.....

Thankfully before I reacted or said anything, the verse that was on my friend's status came to mind. 

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Proverbs 16:9

Did I mention I was REALLY excited to spend the morning reading...the Lord obviously had other plans. Even though I know there aren't any coincidences...really just divine interventions...I'm thankful for this one. :) 

Oh...and I went to the store after school to pick up some veggies to saute with some chicken for dinner...and I found these! Made me smile!
Veggie ka-bobs...I didn't have to cut anything up! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment