Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day 83...Grateful for a Healthy Fear...

So just before I left to drive back to Plano, (that is after I waited out a storm that went through Russellville), my dad looked at my tires and told me that I needed four new ones. That the tread on mine are bad and that's when a car is likely to hydroplane. Then my mom noticed a nail in one of the tires. And then I took off.

As soon as I hit the interstate, it started raining. And soon after I hit a few pretty strong storms. But...knowing that my tires weren't the best, I was scared...but I had a healthy fear. I kept my hands at 10-and-2...I didn't drive any faster than I felt comfortable...and I just prayed. Here are a few pictures of the sky...kind of crazy how dark and scary the sky was at one point...and then it cleared off and was sunny and calm...and then back to scary again.


It really looked worse in person...
Kind of blurry...but thought I looked a little like the Wizard of Oz with the farm house and storm behind it. Thankfully no one was taken up in a tornado!
And then it was bright and clear again. So strange...

1 comment:

  1. Very thankful God guided you through the bad weather and safely home again. Loved having you at our home.

    ReplyDelete