Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 78...Grateful...

Grateful for this morning's reading...

Psalm 30
"I will exalt you, Lord, for you rescued me. 
You refused to let my enemies triumph over me.
 O Lord my God, I cried to you for help, and you restored my health.
 You brought me up from the grave, O Lord. You kept me from falling into the pit of death.
 Sing to the Lord, all you godly ones! Praise his holy name.
 For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime!
   Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning.
 When I was prosperous, I said, “Nothing can stop me now!”
 Your favor, O Lord, made me as secure as a mountain. 
Then you turned away from me, and I was shattered.
 I cried out to you, O Lord. I begged the Lord for mercy, saying,
 “What will you gain if I die, if I sink into the grave? 
Can my dust praise you? Can it tell of your faithfulness?
 Hear me, Lord, and have mercy on me. Help me, O Lord.”
 You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing.
      You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy,
that I might sing praises to you and not be silent.  
O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever!"

No comments:

Post a Comment