Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 29...Grateful to be a Bathroom Monitor...

Actually I was a "hall monitor" but "bathroom monitor" sounds funnier. Our entire school (and I think every school in Texas) was giving the TAKS test today. Because I have a computer classroom, I can't administer the test in my classroom. Therefore...I am stationed in a hallway where I can see the next person down the hall...so we can watch the kids walk to the bathroom and then back. That's the first part of the "bathroom monitor" role...secondly...when a teacher in one of our assigned rooms needs to go to the bathroom, I step in their room and monitor the kids until they get back.  Therefore...I assume the role of "bathroom monitor"!

Today...my role was a lot more than just that. I had to read directions to two different students because they came to school late. Then... a student decided to just sleep...so I had to go get our counselor to try to convince him to stay awake and take his test. Then... I stepped into all 5 classrooms one at a time to give the bathroom breaks. Then... the sleeper student decides he isn't going to take the test at all. Another walk to the office. Then... I catch a student texting while his teacher was out and he refused to give me his phone...so I had to walk to get an administrator. Then...the student told the administrator a different story so I got to go back down to the office to clear up the story. Then...I give the 5 teachers another break each. Then...we had one student not finished by lunch time so I got to walk her down to the counselors office.

Aaahhh...what I would've given to get to sit and watch kids walk back and forth from the bathroom. :-) The grass is always greener...

Where I thought I would be sitting most of the morning...however, my chair looked about like this the whole time...empty!

A new month...a new blog design...guess there will be twelve of these coming... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment