Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 38...Grateful for Prayer...

I'm grateful that I can ask for people to pray...and I know enough people that would do just that!

According to the news and every other rumor going around....the state of Texas is having some major budget cuts in education...I read today that in the state it is at least a 10 BILLION dollar budget cut in education. We apparently have a "rainy day fund" that the state could use to save teacher jobs and use that year to re-allocate money. Instead our governor has said that each district needs to not lean on the state for money, they need to come up with their own money to supplement their budgets. I learned today that it all stems from tax cuts that were made...and no other plan was put in place to make up for that money.

So...cuts are going to be happening everywhere. In education. What???
I just don't understand and it really just frustrates me.

We were talking in the coaches office this morning...suppose each professional athlete in the state of Texas were to give $500,000 to education...they would save every teacher's job. CRAZY!!!!

So...I'm asking for prayer for my job.
Our school had a department head meeting this afternoon and now we have a mandatory staff meeting next Monday morning to find out the budget for next year. So...we get to go to school tomorrow...take a week away from school to wonder about it...and find out the Monday that we get back.

Please pray for my job.
Please pray for peace in my heart that I will still have job (I'm fairly confident I will...but no one is guaranteed).
Please pray for continued joy in my job...whether or not the government (who pays my salary) cares about the education of their students.

Tonight I'm grateful for prayer!
Go to this website http://www.txcandobetter.org to sign a petition for the state to not take a "cuts only" approach to budget cuts.

2 comments: