Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 46...Grateful for Lessons...

This is a lesson that the Lord has been revealing to me over the last couple of weeks. Because of all of the talks on education and budget cuts and teacher cuts...I have been worrying (a sin) but also have become passionate about my feelings about everything. I never really paid much attention to politics, but lately I've read everything I could to find out exactly what was going on....mainly because it affected me personally.

The Lord hit me between the eyes saying...if you can be this passionate about something that you have no control over...just think what you could do for Him (or allow Him to do in and through me) if I just turned that passion to my relationship with Him. Ouch.

So...this week I've had a lot of time to think...and as soon as I start to worry, I lay it down at the Lord's feet. Now...being honest...I haven't used all my free time this week to strengthen my relationship with the Lord...in fact I am still staring at my bag that has my Bible that I need to read the daily reading from and my Perspectives class books that I also need to read...so there is still a battle.

But today, I'm grateful for lessons...grateful that the Lord is still working on my heart...and hasn't finished His work in my life...actually, He's got a long way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment