Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 33...Grateful for the Stirring in My Heart...

So today we had a club volleyball tournament and our pool started play at 2:30. I slept in a little bit but also had a very productive morning. I got to the tournament site right on time...and hoped that we would finish on time so I could make it to church tonight. We didn't.

I also had kind of hoped that we would get third in our pool so that we didn't play early Sunday morning and I could go to church and then come to the rest of the tournament. We didn't.

So, while we were working the last game in the pool play before we left, I caught myself rationalizing missing church. Here is what I came up with...

~I go to a three hour class at church each a week
~I gave so much time and energy and heart to my Bible Fellowship Class for so many years that I deserve a break
~It's okay. The Lord knows that I love Him.

And then it all made me sad. We are called to corporate worship. We are called to make the Sabbath day holy. We are called to give Him all of our heart and soul and mind...NOT  our rationalizations!

And then I was sad.

As I was driving home the stirring inside reminded me of all the above. It's not about me and what I want and what I have done and what I can do for God. It's about Him. All about Him.

I don't think the Lord is saying don't serve where I have placed you (which I definitely feel a ministry in this little club team)...but I KNOW He is reminding me to change my heart attitude toward worshiping Him.

1 comment: