Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 36...Grateful to be Appreciated...

Not that I feel un-appreciated...it's just been a tough week (or 2 days) at work. Because of budget cuts around the state and cuts in education, the talk of "numbers" and "classes" and "what-ifs" has become pretty consuming. This morning was the toughest...and it didn't get better as the day went on.

As of right now (which no one really knows anything) I don't have enough students registered for my classes to fill 5 class periods. So then I worry...which is a sin...which I know won't help anything...but I feel like it has just been thrown in my face all week.

However, after school today, I headed over to the Plano Senior High JV soccer game. I have three students that play on the team...and tonight was Teacher Appreciation Night. The way the Senior High runs it, each player writes down the name of one of their teachers, and that teacher gets an invitation to the game. I didn't get an invitation (neither did two of the other teachers that were there...oh...and there were only four of us...so only one was "invited"). However, when I walked in, they had me sign the paper saying I was a teacher, they gave me a little goodie bag...and then put my name in a raffle drawing for a t-shirt. I think because there were only 4 of us there, we each "won" the raffle. :)

Here are the gifts that we got at the game.
A t-shirt, water bottle, Chick-fil-A gift coupon, clappers, chocolate bar, and free soda and popcorn. LOVE IT!!!
So tonight...I'm grateful to be appreciated. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment