Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 12...Grateful for My Parents..

I just had the opportunity of driving two girls back and forth from church for their evening session of our Prestonwood Youth's Freedom Weekend.

A friend of mine was hosting the group of girls, but between her car and her co-leader's car...they didn't quite have enough seats to transport all of the girls. So...I got to drive two of them.

The girls were very sweet...very funny...and laughed the whole way to church.
After church, they shared about the session...one was blown away by the worship and one made the decision to be baptized. The conversation would have been awesome if they had stopped there. Both girls though began to share about their families. 

One girl has never lived with her father...said her father knows every way to contact her but chooses to have nothing to do with her. At the same time, she has another "dad" that is her "legal dad" and he also wants nothing to do with her. She shared before she got out of the car that she has found her confidence, her joy, and her love from her Heavenly Father...more than any father on earth could love her.

The other girl was kicked out of her house last year...she went to CPS last year and they did everything in the file except legally emancipate her from her mother. Her biological father is in prison...her mother is addicted to drugs and sex. The student is now a Christian, living with a friends' family, and thinks she is now a part of a "normal" family.

When I got to where I needed to drop them off, I told them why I am amazed at the two of them. They said that they feel like everything in their life is normal...they are extremely happy...and they are grateful for the Lord in their lives.

Mom....Dad...I'm grateful to you for making my life feel so normal...and for introducing me to my Heavenly Father. Thank you. I love you.

Love you Mom and Dad!

2 comments:

  1. I love you so much. It is through the prays of many in our family that your Dad and I raised you and Robin in a way that you were exposed to God's graces and His love. You are such a blessing to me everyday. I thank God for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have wonderful parents!!! Hope they come visit you/me ( hee hee) soon!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete