Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 3...Grateful for Jesus...

Pretty broad thing to be grateful for huh? Of course I'm grateful for Jesus, He saved me! However, my Bible Reading this morning was in Leviticus...I know, very exciting! :) But two things stood out to me...

(1) The Lord still appointed Aaron to be the high priest...even though he had just led the Israelite people to make the golden calf while Moses was on the mountain meeting with the Lord (and getting the Ten Commandment). So, not only had Aaron messed up by creating an idol...he led God's chosen people to do the same. But then God, because of His forgiveness and grace, allowed Aaron to still be named the High Priest.

(2)Without Jesus being the ultimate sacrifice for my sins...I don't know that I could bear all the blood and sacrifice for all my sins. I had enough trouble dissecting a frog in high school...much less bulls and rams and lambs.

So...because of Jesus being the ultimate sacrifice for my sins...I am a fallen yet forgiven child of God.
And because of Jesus being the ultimate sacrifice for my sins...I don't have to dissect any animals to atone for my sins! Praise the Lord!!!

(picture to come later today...haven't ventured onto the roads in three days...might try later...which would definitely be picture worthy!)

First picture: This is where my friend Mindee and I went just to "get out" of our houses. Along with a lot of other people who also looked like they finally braved the weather! We ran into 6 people we know from church....crazy!


Second picture:  Can you see the call box on the ground? I guess someone didn't prepare for the turn into the apartment complex...oops. This ice is no joke!!!





Third and Fourth Pictures: Now...my mom might be mad at me for these pictures...but...I had gone to some friends' apartment just to have some people time...and didn't leave before the snow! It was actually easier to drive on the snow than the ice. But maybe the pictures give you a little taste.
(mom I was pretty much stopped when I took them)


No comments:

Post a Comment