Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 8...Grateful for My Job...

Yes...cliche...thank you Lord for my job.
However...I have a friend who cannot find a job...and friend who just got laid off...and other friends that just aren't happy in their jobs but are stuck. Today (tonight) I'm grateful for a job that I love!

I love my students.
I yell at my students.
I get frustrated with my students.
I laugh with my students.
I learn from my students.

I talk for 5 whole minutes between classes with my co-workers.
I get to have a whole 20 minutes for lunch.
I get to still operate on a bell schedule.
I get to grade papers constantly.

And I love it all!
I teach 9th and 10th grade computer/technology classes. Right now, two classes are learning how to operate a database (I took the class in college) and my other three classes are about to start brainstorming and creating a commercial for an original product that they create. Their creativity (and sometimes the lack of it) never ceases to amaze me.



Here is the sign that I see each day as I walk into our school (I couldn't find one of the front of the school). I've had funny conversations with my students...I've had serious conversations with my students...but what I love is at the end of each class, at least half of them say "Bye Ms. Cole", another group of them will say, "Have a great day." While others will take their time to chat after class. I love it.

I can't say that everyday is wonderful or that I don't get frustrated or that some days I don't wonder why I do this job...but I know the Lord has called me to this school and to this occupation.

My prayer for my job...
Colossians 3:23-24
"Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ."

So...today...I'm grateful for my job.

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for your job also. You are being used by God everyday. Praise God.

    ReplyDelete