Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 24...Grateful for Wendi...

I got to have dinner with my good friend Wendi tonight. Wendi and I were roommates for something like 6 years. There were usually other roommates also around, but for 6 years she was one of my roommates. Now...she is married, has a little one year old boy Luke, and is due to have her second baby in May. Crazy!

I think (okay really "know") that a huge "growth spurt" in my spiritual journey happened here in Dallas...at Prestonwood. Wendi played a major role in that as well. She and I are very very different...yet a lot alike. We completed marathons together...went to Weight Watcher weigh-ins together...each directed our respective Bible Fellowship classes and compared stories...laughed a lot...both cried during Rudy and could watch  How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days over and over (and we did). She's pretty great!

I love getting to visit with her...even if it is just for a little bit with Luke being very distracted and "busy"...it's always great!

Thanks Wendi! I'm grateful for you!

At Wendi's wedding

No comments:

Post a Comment