Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 4...Grateful for New Mornings...

Last night I was driving in from a friends' place and ended up in the middle of all the snow coming down. It normally takes me about 15 minutes to get home from their place...but last night it was almost 40 minutes I think. There weren't many cars on the road so I didn't really worry about my safety, I just wanted to get home.

So, when I pulled into my parking spot at my complex, I got all my stuff together, climbed out and stepped onto the curb like normal, and then headed to my apartment. Well, I guess I forgot that there was still a thick layer of ice under the snow that was falling...and slid. The slide reminded me of the Cowboy's snow game that they had one Thanksgiving (I think that's when it was) and one of the Cowboys slide in the endzone...on one foot and one knee. Yes...that was me. No one was there to laugh with me...so I giggled and got up. I think I was so flustered that I just wanted to get inside and slipped again. Funny...but cold.

The point of all of that is...
If you looked in the parking lot last night, it would have looked like a kid had been playing in the snow from my two falls. However, this morning, my tracks were completely covered. There were knew tracks of someone taking their dog out. But mine were no where to be seen.

That's just how God's mercies come every morning. His mercies are new every morning...and we get to start again on God's work for our lives fresh EVERY MORNING!

Just as the author of Lamentations wrote:
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. 'The Lord is my portion,' says my soul, 'Therefore I will hope in Him.'" Lam 3:22-24

Not only is His mercy new every morning...but He is going to provide just enough grace for me to make it through the day!

"...My grace is sufficient for you..." 2 Corinthians 12:9

Here is a picture of where my tracks should have been. The snow is beautiful here today! And I can't believe we have been out of school since Monday! Wow!

That's my car nearest the tree. You can't really see the curb I fell off of...but I slid pretty much across the car tracks that you can see. Uggs (or fake ones) don't really have much traction. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! And I really needed it after a day like yesterday with Caleb sick (and me really scared) and being couped up in the house! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you're doing this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Robin!
    Glad one person is reading it! ;)
    And...I'm glad everything is okay with Caleb!

    ReplyDelete