Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 16...Grateful for the Israelites...

Weird thing to be grateful for I know. Don't think too deep...just think of them as God's chosen people that He delivered from Egypt (slavery) and then had them wander around the desert for 40+ years.

Here is why I'm thankful for them. They were God's chosen people...they saw miracles happen before their eyes...and they still messed up! They messed up big time...but the Lord continued to love and bless them (although not without consequence). Even Aaron, who helped the Israelites make the golden calf while Moses was on the mountain meeting with God, was still called to be the priest. Forgiveness!

That is how the Lord responds to me (us). He still continues to bless me...even when I mess up...even when I mess up big time! He still loves me. I am more like the stubborn, selfish, stiff-necked Israelites than I would like to think. But God will forgive me. He has chosen me to be one of His children...and for that I'm grateful!

2 Thessalonians 2:13
"...God chose you as the firstfruits to be saved, through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth."

Thank you Lord for giving me examples of people that mess up like I do...but also that you will forgive me...and continue to love me. And that is why I'm grateful for the Israelites...

No comments:

Post a Comment