Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day Two...Grateful for a God of Details...

Not only Day 2 of Blogging...but "Snow Day Re-Do"...yes...out of school again. And...since I can't really sit still for very long, I got all my "productivity" stuff done yesterday. What to do today???

Although I don't enjoy getting out of bed...I REALLY enjoy mornings that I have time to enjoy my coffee and daily Bible Reading. This year I'm reading through the Bible chronologically. The New Living Translation makes reading through the details of building the tabernacle and sacrifices (Exodus right now) a little easier...I'm grateful that God is a God of details...but sometimes the reading of the details in scripture is tiresome. :)

I recommend the Chronological Bible to anyone wanting to read through the Bible in a year! Especially the New International Version!

Also...since I am off work for the day...I thought I'd share with you about my morning...

I woke up this morning at about 6:45. First of all, why? When I need to get up early I never wake up on my own...but when I can sleep in...my eyes open early...grr.

Anyway...I got up and went to the bathroom (typical morning)...and tried to turn on the light. No power. I now know, by reading facebook, that it was a "rolling blackout." How was I supposed to know at 6:45 in the morning?? Since I blow a particular breaker fairly often, I knew what lights were on the same breaker. So I tried another light switch. Nothing.

I went back to bed. As I lay there, I thought about what I could get done today, and what would happen if the power didn't come back on.

Here are the things I actually thought of (in order) and got sad about not being able to use...so I took pictures...hopefully you'll think it's funny too. 

"Oh no. The coffee pot won't work. Well...I have the individual coffee bags...but that takes a long time. Oh wait..."


"The microwave won't work. For the water for the individual coffee cups AND for all the food I have cooked ready to be re-heated for my meal plan. Hmm."
"Crud...the toaster won't work either. What do I have in the pantry that I can make on the stove...hmm.."  I guess I was hungry! 
"So, I guess I can't watch TV. Bummer."
"Oh man. But what about the movies I was going to watch. Oh...this is going to be a long day..."
And the last thing that came to my mind (ironically)....
"No heat! It's going to get so cold!!!"
Anyway...you'll be glad to know, as I was, that when I woke up (at a comfortable 9:00 in the morning) the power was on, the heat was running, and shortly after I got out of bed, the coffee pot was brewing! Happy Snow Day Re-Do!!!


1 comment:

  1. Haha! I think my thoughts would go in that order too, especially the COFFEE!!! Yay for a winter break!

    ReplyDelete